Show off your childhood playdough experience by coloring and shaping these delicious Onde-Ondes!
Learn more about ingredients & techniques with our EFL cooking guideView Guides
glutinous rice flour
lukewarm coconut milk
pinch of salt
Coconut blossom sugar
1-2 pandan leaves knotted
Pinch of salt
Blue Dye: Butterfly pea tea leaves + warm water (70 ml)
Red Dye: Homemade beetroot juic
Green Dye: Pandan extract or essence
Purple Dye: Lime juice + butterfly pea tea leaves + warm water (70 ml)
4. Once you’re done and made the dough, take 2 tbs size of the dough and roll it into a round ball with your palms.
5. Now flatten this ball and fill it in with the middle of this flatten round dough with 1-2 tsp of coconut blossom sugar.
6. Seal this ball like how you initially rolled it out with your palms, making sure that no sugar comes out.
7. Boil water in a pot, and once the water is hot and bubbling, drop these tiny balls into the water. It will sink, but you will know when it’s ready when they come up the surface and start floating. This will take approximately 3-5 minutes.
8. For the coconut coating, mix all ingredients and put it in the microwave for 1 minute, the coconut should be stickier.
9. Once your balls have finished boiling, take them out of the water and roll them into the coconut coating. Now you are ready to serve!