For the fritters
- Coarsely grate the carrots and beetroot. Finely dice the onion.
- Place the gratings and diced onion in a colander and squeeze out as much liquid as possible (with hand or other methods).
- Add seasonings, garlic, cumin, paprika powder and salt and peppers to the flour until well combined; the mixture should hold together well, but still be slightly moist.
- Shape the gratings into fritters. Coat the outer part of the fritters with additional flour.
- Heat a pan of sunflower oil; add the fritters and cook until the edges are crispy and the inside is soft (tempura-like).
For the fries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Chop parsnip and green beans into fries-shape.
- Toss on a baking tray with olive oil, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and breadcrumbs until well combined and breadcrumbs evenly coat the veggies.
- Place in the oven and cook for approx. 40 minutes or until golden brown.
For the sauce
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Slice the bell peppers in two, take out all the seeds, place them on an oven tray with baking paper and put them in the oven. Take out when the top is blackened.
- In the meanwhile, cut up the onion, put them in a pan with oil and fry them.
- Cut the bell peppers and add them to the pan. Gradually add salt, pepper, garlic powder and the chili flakes to the pan (add a tomato for more flavor if preferred).
- Carefully pour the vodka in the pan and coat all the pepper pieces in it. Stir well.
- Once all the vodka has evaporated, pour the water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the stove and pour it into a mixer. Blend until you reach the consistency you want. (Only a short time if you want a thicker dip, or continuously add small amounts of water and olive oil until you reach a more liquid consistency). Continue to add seasoning for more enhanced flavor as you blend.
Recipe provided by Mystery Box Winners Josephine, Monica, and Chloé’s Recipe
If you have any questions about this recipe or need some help, we welcome you to send us a message on our instagram @erasmusfoodlab